Our foster care programs helps to bridge the needs-gap for the 11,000 children in Georgia’s foster care system. Our goal is to create lasting memories for Georgia’s foster children by showing them love and empowering them to flourish into adulthood. Our end-goal is to positively impact the lives of children in Georgia’s foster care system through-out the journey:
Our Foster Care Programs:
- Restore Dignity – The process of moving a child(ren) from their loved ones (the only family they knew), and placing them into unfamiliar environments is a very stressful and demoralizing for the children. Most children find themselves with nothing of their own when they are placed into foster care. Because One Matters helps to restore the dignity of foster children by providing them with a duffle bag of new items to help restore their dignity.
- Creating positive, lasting memories through Birthday Parties – Children often find themselves in homelessness and the foster care system usually through no fault of their own. The absence of a stable place to call home, leaves foster children feeling abandoned, scared, and hopeless. By recognizing the birthdays of children in foster care, we show them that we care about them — and that they matter.
- Help Relieve Stress on Foster Families – The services provided to foster families by Because One Matters helps to relieve some of the stress involved in placement for both foster parents and children/youths. It also allows the foster parents to focus on loving and nurturing the child(ren) in their care.
- Life Experiential Opportunities – BOM provides foster children with opportunities that that they might not otherwise be able to experience. These experiences may help to: broaden their awareness and exposure; help them to better understand how things work; increase their outlook on future career expectations; provide them with leadership building opportunities etc.
- Help Young Adults That are Transitioning to Independent Living – Because One Matters also helps foster youth in independent living programs by providing them with Thanksgiving and Christmas meals, along with Christmas trees, decorations and gifts.