My experience in completing this challenge was really good because I have learned a lot from watching the Ted Talk video about “Science of Mentorship”, not to mention my how to use the Doodly software to create and complete this challenge.
What I have learned is how to create anime, which I think is a skill that you can earn an income from while educating or entertaining others. In completing this challenge, I also learned about mentorship, which I think is a great word. It’s about being there for someone.
I faced a lot of obstacles when working on this challenge.
(1) It started with internet problems. I had to walk out half of my community and a whole next community to reach my grandmother’s house where the internet is. When I get there, sometimes the Doodly software doesn’t function as it supposed to. For example, when I’m doing the voice over it isn’t being recorded. Or, after working on my video all day, when it was time to extract it and upload it on my Google drive, the system would crash or give problems. Miss Dixon and Miss Ranglin try to help us all out by letting us come by the school to work on the video. Going to the school and working with the other students in the challenge helped me with understanding the Doodly software even better. I thank my fellow participants all so much for that help.
(2) No laptop. I didn’t have a laptop to use, but God worked something out. Because One Matters gave my brother (who was also in the challenge) a brand-new laptop, and he and I shared the laptop to complete both our videos. This meant we had to take turns using the laptop. This was hard, but I still appreciated it so much, because it helped me to complete my video.
Some benefits I gained from participating in this challenge are:
(1) It helped me gain knowledge about mentorship.
(2)I learned a skill how to create anime using the Doodly software.
(3) In my spare time I think it can help me create entertaining or educational content for people while earning an income off the different platforms such YouTube etc.
(4) I would encourage other students to participate in this challenge in the future to gain the knowledge of how to develop the skills of creating anime.
After high school this can help me in a lot of ways like to earn an income and also help me in my career path because of the skills I have learned from this challenge.